logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Diary of a wargaming slacker - Bardic's log.
Ureel Offline
#82 Posted : 05 January 2015 21:38:49(UTC)

Medals: WH40k Campaign 2012 Warrior: The Sea of SoulsWH40k Doubles Event 2012 Veteran: The World Ends Now!BBQ Bash 2012 Veteran: Carni-FestSilver Yeti Small 2012: 2nd place Single SmallSilver Yeti Large 2012: 2nd place Single LargeSilver Yeti Unit 2012: 2nd place UnitGamesday 2012 Veteran: Xmas CarnageDW Campaign 2013 Veteran: The Glorioso CrisisWH40k Campaign 2013 Warlord: War for the Obsidian ThroneGolden Yeti Small 2013: 1st place Small ScaleDL League 2014 Veteran: The Burgomeister of Ostend League

Groups: 40K Moderator, Restricted Access, Registered, CrowsOnly, Event Organisation

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Skies zijn awesome!

Succes!
2012-2014: gekocht=464 geschilderd=421
2015: gekocht=002 geschilderd=004
Bardic Offline
#83 Posted : 21 July 2015 08:17:04(UTC)
Bardic

Medals: SBBTF 2011 Veteran: Second EditionWH40k Campaign 2012 Warrior: The Sea of SoulsWH40k Doubles Event 2012 Veteran: The World Ends Now!Painting Competition 2012 Adept: The White YetiWH40k Campaign 2013 Warrior: War for the Obsidian Throne

Groups: CrowsOnly, Event Organisation, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Eventjes geleden alweer dat hier nog aan bijgestuurd werd.

Geen enkel gedacht van de pledge van dit jaar, maar t'is zowiezo niet fameus...
Paar kleinigheidjes aangeschaft voor de orks, met name 20 Flash Gitz (gigantische modellen, gunz zijn groter dan een marine)

Ook chaos kreeg wat nieuwe vriendjes in de vorm van wat skitari dark mechanicum allies.
Deze zomer op reis langs Nottingham gepasseerd en dagje de nerd uitgehangen. Teruggekeerd met FW's Horus Heresy book 4 & 5, en een Knight. Uiteraard wil ik niet dezelfde knight die iedereen en zijn oma al heeft, dus ging ik voor de Questoris Knight Magaera, die ik vooral als dark mechanicum knight wil gebruiken bij men Iron Warriors chaos marines. Ironisch genoeg heeft FW nu een chaos knight uitgebracht...

Op vandaag volle bak bezig met assembleren en schilderen van Orks voor Warpstorm, en ondertussen proberen om het occasionele spelletje 40k gespeeld te krijgen.
Fire within, Fire without

Gekocht: 167
Geschilderd: 119

Geplooid
Bardic Offline
#84 Posted : 21 July 2015 08:18:36(UTC)
Bardic

Medals: SBBTF 2011 Veteran: Second EditionWH40k Campaign 2012 Warrior: The Sea of SoulsWH40k Doubles Event 2012 Veteran: The World Ends Now!Painting Competition 2012 Adept: The White YetiWH40k Campaign 2013 Warrior: War for the Obsidian Throne

Man

Battle-rep van battle tegen Hendrik gisteren.

Brutal first go at new marines vs new dark angels yesterday.

Thor brought a Iron Hands Gladius Strike force with biker captain, assault cannon dreadnaught, bike squad, 3x10 tacticals with a mix of special weapons, and a 2MM/2Plasmacannon dev squad, along with an Armoured Taskfoce containing a techmarine, 2 seperate autocannon/bolter predators and a unit of 3 vindicators.
I brought a Combined arms detachment w. a M2 biker-librarian, 2x10 tacticals w. plasma & grav-cannon in a drop pod, an extra empty drop pod with locator beacon and a ravenwing attack squadron containing a speeder w. MM and 5 bikers w. 1 plasmagun, along with a Knight Errant (Meltacannon, stubber, chainsword), and a Deathwing detachment containing a M2 terminator librarian and 2x5 deathwing terminators, 1 th/ss and 1 assault cannon in each unit.

Played a deployment, 4 objectives game. Thor's Warlord rolled 'Fear' on the table, but without re-roll (none of that in Gladius) got stuck with it. My warlord was the DW Librarian, who rolled 'Rapid Manouvre' (+3" on Run & Charges). Warlord rolled on divination (prescience, perfect timing & precognition), other libby took the new Interomancy discipline and got the following: Mind Worm (primaris, wc1, 12" S6 AP2 focussed witchfire; if you take a wound, lose 3 WS/BS/I/Ld for the rest of the game), Seed of Fear (wc1, malediction that targets all enemy units within 9"; affected take morale, pinning & fear test on 3d6) and Righteous Repugnance (wc1 blessing; targeted unit within 24" gets Rage)

DA's deployed first & got first turn. Kept everything fairly centered. As my DW had to be put in reserves, i deployed the knight & ravenwing attack squad and biker librarian. Thor's tanks parked behind a bolstered ruin (3+ cover ftw) while his bikes took his right flank and his infantry spread across the ruins in his table edge, getting fairly decent firing angles for most of 'em, with 5 mooks deploying in a bastion next to his bikers. Scouted the ravenwing as close as i could to right flank.

T1: Drop pods land perfectly, 1 blocking the entrance to the bastion and thus trapping thor's unit, another inbetween his predators. Knight moves up the center, aiming for the dreadnaught and the 5 mooks behind it as i don't have LoS to the vindi's. Bikers surge towards enemy bikers. In the Psychic phase i manage to put 'Seed of Fear'on his bikers. In Shooting, i take the power fist of the dreadnaught after a poor scatter roll with the knight, 1 predator gets immobilised by the speeder's MM and one of the vindi's loses 2 HP and is immobilised by grav/plasma. As it's close enough to his techmarine, it suffers no ill effect from the stunned effect i also rolled (formation bonus). My other tactical kills 2 enemy bikers which causes them to roll morale, fail and run away. Thor's shooting kills pretty much half my tacticals, due to bolters, plasmacannons & multimelta. The 3 vindicators combine fire for a whopping 10" S10 AP2 Ignore Cover shot, that unfortunatly (well, for Thor anyway) scatters and not only takes out my speeder, half my bikes and another half tactical squad, but also the bastion he was standing on (and in).

T2 sees the arrival of the Deathwing who roll quite poorly and don't really hurt mutch. Knight moves up and takes a shot at the now visible vindicators, but scatters again and misses them entirely, allthough it does kill a predator before charging into the dreadnaught and killing that. My decimated tacticals kill some more of thor's tacticals while my remaining bikes move up to provide a semblance of backup for the Deathwing. Thor continues to take away tactical marines. Vindi's point at the deathwing & bikers, kill the later, but a sturdy stormshield at the front of my termies tanks all hits on the DW.

This pattern continues for some time longer, with the knight dying in T4 after Thor took off 4 HP with melta in T3. The deathwing attempt to charge into the tanks, but fail a T3 charge. They get lucky saves again and manage to kill 2 out of 3 vindi's in T4. By then, i have about 4 tacticals remaining, camped on an objective, while thor has his last few tacticals running towards another objective claimed by my empy drop pod. We continue on to T7, which costs me my last tacitcals and all but 3 termies, one of which is my warlord. Thor has some 10 marines left by they are in no possition to claim anything, or draw LoS to my termies.

9-0 Dark Angel victory, though that does not show how hard-fought the battle itself was. bikers falling back brought me T1 First Blood & Warlord points, while my surviving termies controlled an objective and scored Linebreaker and my pod still clung to his objective.

Lessons learned:
Knight is easy to overestimate. Didn't really do all that much damage, nor did it soak up a lot. Unlucky scatters don't help in this regard. Also, moves 12" which is good; untill you get some terrain in the way. He rolls 3d6 and picks highest like any other walker with move through cover, so only moves 6" then!

DA synergy between Deathwing & Ravenwing is damn nice (because of the ravenwing attack squadron, my deathwing automatically passes or fails reserve rolls as i see fit and if they drop withing 12" of the ravenwing, they don't scatter)

DA powers are thematically nice and there's some decent stuff in there

Armoured battlegroup (codex marines) is damned good. Tanks within 6" of the obligatory techpriest don't suffer stunned and shaken, and the marine gets another +1 on repairs (Add servoharness, Iron Hands & 1 servitor for a 1+ roll, which, as it is not a characteristic test, autosucceeds)
Gladius looks to be fun to play around with, as it unlocks doctrines (if you build a viable army, you get 2x tactical doctrine and 1 each of assault & devastator).

Required units in demi-company & auxilia choices make sure spamming stuff is harder than before while you still have many options to make a strong army both gamewise & fluffwise.

In conclusion: while Hendrik Debuck will hate my guts until the End of Time for making his precious bikers flee in abject horror, and for actually winning from him (not to mention he had no points at all!), I had a nice game tongue-emoticon

Geplooid
Badgobbla Offline
#85 Posted : 24 August 2015 14:37:58(UTC)
Badgobbla

Medals: SBBTF 2011 Warrior: Second EditionGamesday 2011 Veteran: Singularity CampaignWH40k Campaign 2012 Best Team: The Sea of SoulsWH40k Campaign 2012 Warboss: The Sea of Souls

Groups: CrowsOnly, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Bardic;23868 wrote:
Also, moves 12" which is good; untill you get some terrain in the way. He rolls 3d6 and picks highest like any other walker with move through cover, so only moves 6" then!

Da's niet waar: Super Heavy Walkers rollen 3D6 (wegens Move through Cover) en nemen de hoogste dubbel (zie de Imperial Knights FAQ): da's de maximum afstand die je kunt bewegen door terrein.
1 user thanked Badgobbla for this useful post.
Bardic on 24/08/2015(UTC)
Bardic Offline
#86 Posted : 24 August 2015 16:50:44(UTC)
Bardic

Man

Bedankt Nick. Was mij van deze FAQ niet bewust. Maakt idd wel een groot verschil.

Geplooid
Bardic Offline
#87 Posted : 02 November 2015 16:35:59(UTC)
Bardic

Man

Enige tijd geleden 2 doosjes Adeptus Mechanicus aangeschaft. Deze worden samen met m'n Knight beste vriendjes met mijn Iron Warrios chaos marines.
Vandaag wat zitten knutselen om de Kastelans & Kataphron's 'assortie' te maken met het verdorven kantje van hun nieuwe makkers.

Groepsfoto van de Kataphron Destroyers. Ik field ze met heavy grav-cannons en phosphor blasters. 165pts voor 3. WS & BS3, S&T 5, 2 wounds, I3, A1 een 4+save en een 'mager' Ld 8 zorg ervoor dat je ze verstandig wilt opstellen waar de vijand niet onmiddelijk aan kan. De gravcannons zijn 6 shots aan 30"; wel geen re-rolls op 'To Wound' zoals bij SM & DA, maar zeker niet slecht. De phosphor blasters zijn 24" rapid fire S5 AP4, en bij unsaved wound, glacing of penetrating hit krijgt het target -1 op zijn cover saves tot einde van de shooting phase, en kunnen jou units charge ranges her-rollen tot het einde van de beurt.

Tyranids bits zijn machtig om de unholy alliance tussen daemon & machine te bouwen. Wat scything talons en de muil van een genestealer, en t'is klaar.

Dit was mijn eerste, voorzichtige poging. Arm van een chaos possessed bij geplakt, en de armour plating die eigenlijk bij de Kathapron Breachers moet. Vind de modellen gewoon cooler met het extra armour. Als ik ooit Breacher vind ik wel een ander systeem om ze duidelijk te onderscheiden.

Geen twijfel mogelijk over het soort Daemons die m'n Dark Magi gebruiken voor hun creaties. Best wel trots op dit model. De verschillende kit-bashes pastten gewoon te perfect bij elkaar.

Dan de grote knapen. Op zich geen geweldige fan van de modellen. (Flauw afkooksel van de Castelan battle-automate van forge world), maar ze zijn degoutant leuk om mee te spelen. Opnieuw slechts WS & BS3, maar S6 T7 W3 en een 3+ save. I2 en A2 en een Ld van 7. Het zijn monstrous creatures, dus slaan aan AP2, zijn Fearless en hebben 'Battle Protocols'. Dit is een rule die samen werkt met hun sergeant, een Datasmith (WS 3 BS4, S/T4, W2, I3, A2, Ld 8, 2+/5++, FnP). Zo lang die leeft kan hij op het einde van je beurt het protocol veranderen. dit wordt dan actief bij de start van je volgende beurt. De kastelans beginnen standaard met Aegis (FnP4+). De andere zijn Conqueror (geen shooting, maar double attacks) of Protector (immobile, maar 2x schieten met carapace gun). Standaard komen ze met 2 power fists en een incendine combuster (= torrent flamer, meh). Die van mij zijn uitgerust met een heavy phosphor blaster op de carapace en een twin-linked heavy phosphor blaster die de power fists vervangt (36", S6 AP3, 3 shots, zelfde trucje met cover als de destroyers hierboven. T'zijn wel prijzige stinkerds, aan 290punten standaard. (320 met mijn upgrades)
Tabard en throphy rack van Daemon Prince, muil van een possessed, armour plate van een Khorne Juggernaut. Niet de handigste mens ooit met Green Stuff, maar het werkt.

en zijn collega, met de muil van een Daemon Prince, wat scything claws, een hoorn, en wa meer Green Stuff.

Uiteraard heeft dit gebroed een harde leidinggevende hand nodig. Dit is niemand minder dan de Dark Pope himself. Veel te leuk model, recht uit het doosje. Ziet er al voldoende creepy uit :)
105pts voor WS4, BS5, S/T4, W3, I3, A2, Ld 9 en een 2+ save, 5+ invulnerable en FNP. Hij is relentless, kan vehicles repairen (en skitari en cult mech units healen!) zoals een techpriest, maar dan op een 2+ roll. Zijn Mechadendrite Harness laat hem toe om al zijn wapens af te vuren in shooting phase en bevat een Dataspike (melee wapen, S as user, geen AP, maar Haywire aan I10, bovenop zijn standaard attacks met zijn power axe). Zijne donkere heiligheid heeft nog een fijne collectie aan guns bij, met name een Volkite Blaster (24", S6 AP5, Heavy 3, en Deflagrate => unsaved wounds worden extra S6 AP5 wounds. Deze maken wel niet opnieuw extra wounds) en een Macroblaster (12" S4 AP6 Pistol dat 5x schiet). Uieraard heeft hij nog een scyerskull bij ook, bovenop al het voorgaande; deze laat hem toe om begin van de beurt een mysterious objective, gelijk waar op tafel te identificeren.

Nog lang niet klaar met deze beestjes, maar mij wel goed geamuseerd. Bert, dit zijn je nieuwe beste vrienden voor ons campaigntje :p

Geplooid